- Watch the video and choose the correct word to complete each statement.
- Moses got the idea for his company when he saw his (sister / brother) carrying wood.
- When he quit his job at the bank, people were (upset / shocked).
- He sold his (furniture / car).
- Moses is now the (president / CEO) of Eco-Fuel Africa.
- His advice is to (listen to / follow) your heart and believe in your dreams.
- Watch the video again and fill in each blank with the number you hear.
- After _______ months, Moses had spent all of his savings.
- Eco-Fuel is ______ percent cheaper than other fuels.
- Today, about ______ families use Moses’s product.
- Moses’s goal in the next ____ years is to reach _______ million families.
- Discuss with a partner a business idea you have to promote local economy or employment of your hometown.
- Why do you have this idea?
- What challenges do you expect to have when starting this business?
- What do you need to do to prepare for the potential challenges?
Chase, Becky Tarver, Pathways 1: Listening, Speaking, and Critical Thinking (2nd edition), Boston, National Geographic Learning, 2018